We are surrounded by data!, and although it seems that it is only information that accumulates more and more, data analysis today has become something else, because it comes from different sources, in different sizes and formats and can be very useful for those who own them.
But, what is data? Why is data so important?, data represents a fragment of a quantity, measure, description or word, which are grouped or classified in a certain way to generate information. Once the data is grouped and classified, it becomes highly relevant because it is the moment when it can be used the most.
Many experts realized that data allows obtaining very valuable and decisive information, this is where data analysis appears. Data analytics is the process of exploring, transforming, and examining data to identify trends and patterns that reveal important insights and increase efficiency to support decision making.
A modern data analytics strategy enables systems and organizations to work from real-time, automated analytics, ensuring immediate, high-impact results.
The best data analysis tools
Thanks to constant technological development, there are more and more tools that analyze data and extract information from them. Data analysis tools allow us to extract and represent information to understand the story they want to tell us. The results obtained from a data analysis can be so generic that any member of the organization can interpret it although it is sometimes possible to require the intervention of analysts and data scientists. Or so specialized that the management level of the organizations can interpret and make the most significant decisions for the direction of the organization.
There are data analysis tools for all needs, although it is difficult to choose one or the other, we must take into account factors such as performance, functionality, usability, etc. Here are some of those tools:
- Tableau: is a great master of data visualization and analysis tools. It has been considered as one of the leaders in data visualization and also functions as a comprehensive cloud-based analytics solution. The main essence of Tableau is its Excel PivotTable and PivotChart. Its design, color and user interface give us a simple and fresh feeling.
- Qlik: This tool offers unique data discovery through a global data search, plus data can be imported through sources such as Salesforce, Teradata and Hive. You will also have total control of your data to prepare reports and export them in friendly software such as Microsoft Office.
It has a free trial version, so you can try it to see if it is what you really need. If you want to find unique business opportunities in the online market, start exploring Business Intelligence software.
- Power BI: the leading data analysis solution from Microsoft. You can create interactive charts and graphs from your business data. This tool allows users to integrate their applications, provides reports and dashboards in real time. The people in charge of IT have autonomy so that they can manage the systems in this software.
- SAS: Its features cover 7 core areas of forecasting processes, such as automatic forecasting, scalability and modeling, unlimited model repository, easy-to-use graphical user interface, event modeling console, what-if analysis and data preparation.
Based on the variables you enter into the modeling process, SAS automatically selects the variables to generate forecasts that allow you to decipher what is happening in your business.
Additionally, with a suite of SAS Forecast Server and Visual Forecasting solutions, this data software enables users to produce large numbers of forecasts and automate their processes.
- Excel: This powerful data processing tool has been in the hands of analysts for a long time, so Excel is in a class of its own. Despite being a traditional form of data analysis, it is still widely used around the world. If you master advanced Excel formulas, once you’re done, you can export your data and send it to the intended recipients, so you can also use Excel as a reporting tool. You do have to update the data on your own, though, because Excel doesn’t have an automation feature similar to other data analysis tools seen on this list.
In recent years, data management has become very important in the pharmaceutical and health sector. In fact, for many companies they are of great help when making strategic and operational decisions.
Some of the benefits obtained by data analysis in the pharmaceutical sector are:
- In-depth business analysis, thanks to quick access to information.
- It allows you to react quickly to market changes.
- It is easier to predict customer behavior, which facilitates the work of marketing and sales departments.
- Help find new business opportunities.
- Increase productivity.
- It offers a greater ability to react to changes in legal regulations and approval processes.
- It provides the necessary tools to meet the requirements in terms of safety, health and the environment.
- Data analysis in the pharmaceutical industry makes it possible to optimize processes in all areas, from production and supply to storage.
- The accounting area benefits from greater transparency in the figures.
- It encourages the integration of processes, a fact that improves collaboration between teams.
- Disease patterns can be created, diagnoses more efficient and improvements made in the planning and interpretation of results.
- It is possible to improve the prediction of the safety and efficacy of a drug.
- Companies can know in real time what state their equipment and services are in. For example, if the temperature of the cold rooms is adequate.
- Thanks to the ERP program and system for pharmaceutical laboratories, these companies can, among others, intelligently manage prescriptions and formulas, inventories of raw materials, by-products, co-products and performance.
As you can see, a large number of business sectors have benefited from data analysis, for this reason it is important to choose a great partner that helps you understand this world and manage the best tools so that when analyzing your data, get the most benefit.
At Heinsohn we have highly trained professionals to accompany you throughout this process. Do not leave behind all that data, the ones you least expect, will be the most useful!